Friday 1 April 2011

Red Hall Deer

An unexpected high to start the week.

I was taking shots behind The Red Hall in Bourne, only a few hundred yards from the town centre, when I noticed this little fellow.




He was running parallel to me behind some large bushes that bordered the path I was walking along. I crept along as quickly and as quietly as I could, changing from my Sigma 10-20mm to my Canon 70-300mm IS USM as I went.

Along the path around 20 metres or so the bushes ended and I was rewarded with this guy crossing the path in a clearing in front of me. For once (and I have missed some amazing shots while changing my lenses * ) I managed to get a good shot before he jumped into the bushes on the opposite side of the clearing.


*Magestic herds of Wildebeest, Lord Lucan, Yeti's, Shergar -- okay, only kidding.




No comments:

Post a Comment